It needn’t be cold outside to enjoy a homely and warming crumble. I’ve rustled up this deliciously sweet apple and blueberry crumble with a crunchy, buttery topping to take you through the spring and summer. Serve with ice cream, custard or on its own!
– 5 peeled pink lady apples
– 200g of blueberries
– 75g sugar
– 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
– 115g of butter
– 225g plain flour
– 50g ground almonds
– 50g Demerara sugar
– Tablespoon of ground spices
– Drizzle of honey
1. Peel and slice all of the apples and place into a oven-proof dish. Mix the blueberries in with it so that they’re evenly spread.
2. Scatter your 75g of sugar and two teaspoons of cinnamon on top of the apples and blueberries.
3. In a separate bowl, mix in your butter, plain flour and grounded almonds together. Put in three tablespoons of water to keep it moist and scatter evenly across the blueberry and apple mixture.
4. Put your ground spices on top and then drizzle some organic honey over it.
5. Cook in the oven at 185C/365F for 35-40 minutes, until the top is nice and brown.
6. Slice up and enjoy!