It’s a sunny day here in New York and I’m feeling rather tired after going to a housewarming party last night. Whenever I need a boost of energy, I’ll make myself a cup of bulletproof coffee when I first wake up, and today is one of those days.
If, like me, you shunned fats like butter for years, you’ll be surprised to know that fats are now deemed a necessity in human development and growth. Whilst the idea of drinking two fats in a warm liquid seems a bit odd, drinking bullet proof coffee has a range of health benefits, including:
– stops cravings/curbs your appetite;
– boosts metabolism;
– boosts brain function;
– supports hormone functions.
Due to the calorie intake, this isn’t meant to be consumed all the time. It was actually designed to replace a meal, but I’d 100% recommend eating a healthy, balanced breakfast instead.
In a ‘normal’ cup of bulletproof coffee, the ingredients are meant to be doubled in size, but I’ve halved the ingredients here as caffeine sends me a bit crazy!
INGREDIENTS (half the usual amount):
– 1 cup black coffee (2 1/2 tbsp ground beans coffee with 1 cup water)
– 1 tbsp unsalted butter (105 calories)
– 1 teaspoon coconut oil (40 calories)
1. Prepare the coffee and once brewed, place into a blender.
2. Put the butter and coconut oil inside and blend until creamy and frothy.